We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. This code of conduct applies to all Solace LARP spaces both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be removed from the game at the discretion of the Solace LARP STs. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
- Stalking or following other players, assault, and unwelcome sexual attention are all strictly prohibited.
- Refrain from gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour.
- Refrain from OOC threats of violence, or inciting violence.
- Ask for consent before physically touching other players or STs.
- Proactively check in with other players through use of the check-in system.
- The OK Check-In system allows players both to proactively ask one another about their comfort level in difficult or emotionally-charged scenes, and to signal these feelings to one another (even without being asked).
- To ask another player or players how they are feeling, make the “OK” sign with your thumb and forefinger at chest level.
- There are 3 levels of response:
- Thumbs up: Enthusiastic consent with the content and direction of the scene
- Flat hand: Discomfort; pull back from the emotional intensity of the scene, and offer to fade out or handwave what happens
- Thumbs down: End the scene immediately; the player is very uncomfortable and may need some time for themselves.
- You can also, as mentioned, preemptively use any of the OK Check-In gestures above to indicate how you’re doing, whether to offer encouragement that a heavy scene is fun for you OOC, or to proactively enforce your boundaries.
- Actively accept and respect others, with no actions or use of derogatory language targeting race, neuro(a)typicality, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, mental illness, appearance, ability, or intelligence.
- Refrain from unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Kindly call out and redirect derogatory language or action, should they occur.
- Encourage and assist those who are new to the community.